This past two week sprint was pretty rough. When the whole Senior Project class laughed hysterically watching our animatic, we knew we either had to switch our genre to a comedy or make some hard changes to our story. I refused to go to sleep that day/night until we found a solution to our story. We actually got a bunch of feedback from the other teams at 1AM which was really awesome! It’s nice that we can all suffer together and try to lift each other up, even if we’re not on the same team. But after hours and hours in front of the whiteboard, the group decided it was best to get some sleep and figure it out in the morning. And by morning, I mean about 3 hours later when we had our meeting with our senior advisor. But we poured our heart and soul into our advisor’s hands and we ended up having a very productive conversation. Now we have a story that we’re working with!
We shot some reference for our animatic on Friday. It was nice to see something other than URBN Center walls. On the other hand, we did shoot reference at a cemetery. But surprisingly, it was pretty beautiful.
What made the Goats scream:
I’m happy that we have an iteration of our story that we can move forward in. I don’t think I can count the number of times we’ve mutinied on the structure of our story over the past few months. But now that it’s pretty solid, we should be able to focus more on hitting physical deliverables.
What made the Goats cry:
Pulling those all-nighters trying to solve our story problems were not so fun. That was just one of our push-backs; we don’t have our models yet, so I can’t complete the rigs. But I’m trying to allocate my energy towards asset research so we keep the Goat train moving.