Fall Week 11 PPJ | Elif Yargic

OMG! We literally changed our story! It was a very late change but we are happier with the story and even happier that we get to use our existing characters and models. We are just trashing our storyboards, mocap, and animatics. The only thing with this story is we just have the core story but not enough in between events that it moves overwhelmingly fast. But Berton once told us that we should first have the core shots that we definitely need and then add the rest as we need them… so I guess it’s fine… We actually even did a last minute mocap and have a complete animatic! Yay!

What made the goats scream

Our new story communicates better. It’s more clear and easier to understand. I am so happy that we randomly came across a story that we can use all the existing characters and assets! Unbelievable.

What made the goats cry

It’s been very hard to change our story every two weeks and constantly do a new animatic. We had 5 mocap sessions and I actually cleaned up all the data, characterized, and animated every single one.

Advertisements

Fall Week 9 PPJ | Elif Yargic

I have been having so much fun with the animatic. We have done two new mocap sessions and had so much fun with Nick’s daughter. Because of her proportions, cleaning up the data was very very challenging. But it was worth cleaning up because we actually had two characters interacting which made the animatic look much better.

What made the goats scream

Our project is finally coming together. The errors I got in Maya are hilarious!

What made the goats cry

Maya makes me cry. I was working on my laptop and when I tried to save, it gave me an error and crashed. When I tried to open a new scene it kept crashing. I googled it and found out the only way to fix it is to format my laptop. They said that even reinstalling Maya won’t fix it. But I deleted the maya folder in preferences and it worked. I just had to start over.

Fall Week 7 PPJ | Elif Yargic

These past two weeks I have been working on our animatic. Last week I created an animatic using the mocap we did and characters from Adobe Fuse. Unfortunately we were missing some mocap data since we changed our story so I used stock images as placeholders (Which turned out to be hilarious). But fortunately, creating that animatic made us realize that the way we presented our story didn’t work. Last week we spent many hours trying to change our story (keeping the core elements but changing the way they occur). We finally FINALLY have a story that we like. We shot reference videos this week and I put them together. Now the story is much more clear but we also need to add some reaction shots and make the whole story go slower. The cuts are very fast and it is jarring. I will work more on the animatic with the final FINAL story we have.

What made the goats scream

I’m  very happy with our story right now. Our reference shoot was very productive. We also went to a cemetery nearby to take reference pics and videos. It was a beautiful day.

What made the goats cry

We are behind schedule! I’m sort of panicked because we were planning on having base models done by week 5 so that we could start rigging, refining the models, and doing blend shapes. It’s week 7 and we still don’t have a base model! Right now our priority is to have the models done asap. I’m just afraid that there might not be enough time to refine our models this term. Not all of us are delivering what they promise they would and that really sets us back. We have to work harder as a team if we want to have the character models and blend shapes done, rigged, and refined.